Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Last Blog

Wow! I cannot believe that this school year is over already! Overall, I really enjoyed this course and learning more about Mark Twain. I think that he is such an interesting guy, and much different than I thought he would be! Huck Finn was my first and only novel that I had read from Mark Twain before this course, so I had no idea how cynical and harsh a man he could be. By the end of the class, I felt very sad that Mark Twain was so unhappy at the end of his life. I think that his constant ridicule of people, religions, and other things in life wore him down at the end. I think that he would have been much happier if he took his focus off of others and placed it on Christ alone. Sometimes it's easy to get down on people and become frustrated with institutions and organizations, however, focusing that energy on Christ and His grace, brings much more joy that one cannot find in anything else. I hope that at one point in his life, Twain felt that joy and excitement from putting his trust in Christ alone. I guess we will never know though! I have enjoyed learning more about Twain overall, and I truly thank you Dr. Williams for all of your hard work that you have done for this class. You are a great professor, and your discussions are very interesting. I appreciate all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment