Wednesday, March 3, 2010
"Eden and the Flood"
I found this question very interesting in class today, because it really made me think about telling a lie verses telling the full truth in a medical situation. I completely agree that a positive attitude can truly have an effect on a person. I believe that this question is hard to answer in a black and white format, because it can depend upon the particular situation. It seems as though humans long for a drop of hope in this world, and encouraging people really can have a an effect on their overall attitude about life. I struggle with this dilemma, because I do feel as though telling the honest truth is very important. Although, the way in which you doctor approached the situation Dr. Williams, was not appropriate. I believe if you are telling someone that their time on this earth is up (that was essentially what he said to you) out of the pride in your heart, you can truly do damage to a person. I think that he did not approach the situation in an appropriate manner with you. I struggle with this question, because I see so much value in being honest, however, I believe that the approach of the honesty is the most important aspect to it. I believe that the doctor should have told you in a more encouraging manner that you have hope to live, and he should have motivated you to fight with everything in you for your life. I think that many other aspects go into this question, such as morals and ethical reasoning. This calls into question whether or not the doctor was a good person or not in the story, “Was it Heaven? Or Hell?” To be honest, I cannot decide which side I am on. I feel as though the doctor was trying to help, however, the way in which he went about it was inappropriate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment